Monday 9 January 2012

The Dream Is Dead

"I saw a genie in my dream asking for just one wish which he could fulfill, and without thinking twice I said I want India to level the series against Australia, after the defeat we got in the first two tests, he said he couldn't as that was his wish too and said further that it is something which no one else apart from the 11 players could fulfill, and they needed our support. I said that I know and will support them come what may."
But for Sachin, Rahul and VVS the dream of winning a series in australia is over as this for sure will be there last tour there. ( the title is adapted from Siddharth Monga, Cricinfo )

I always knew that how bad our team fared, I will be supporting them until death, yes I and we all are sad and fuming with anger with our teams performance, yes it is not acceptable that a team with such a brilliant batting order can fail on four consecutive innings. there is something wrong somewhere, I hope the team and the management figures that out sooner, as it is not doing any good for the game and for people like us who are true lovers of test cricket.
The BCCI seems to be least bothered and it shows as they were busy scheduling the IPL-V after the Sydney loss, for god's sake give the test team more importance, the IPL can be done in free time and if the BCCI cannot do it, they should call back one Mr. Modi who once organised it in days and not weeks or months ;) .

If our team performs the way they did in the remaining tour, there would lot of axing which instead of building the team might go the other way round as it does not help the atmosphere in the dressing room. Legends should go gracefully and not be thrown out.

With all the retired players letting their anger out on news channels should go and help the team, forget about paychecks, they could do it without them for once.
I am still hopeful for an Indian comeback and I know people would say that I must be a fool to still think that. India would comeback in this series, and I really feel that all is not lost yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment